* Promoting equal rights and duties for both genders in the economic, judicial, social-cultural and political fields according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), international conventions and pacts ratified by Rwanda, and Rwandan legislation;
* Promoting the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Children (CRC);
* Actively working to eradicate of all forms of discrimination against women;
* Supporting activities which help women become aware of their rights, duties and of their role in society;
* Researching, analyzing and identifying the underlying causes of the problems encountered by women and children so that appropriate solutions can be found.
* Advocating in favor of women and children before influential groups, political leaders and bilateral and multilateral agencies.