Between 18 and 22 May 2015, five days’ training was held by nine counselors from Haguruka at Kayonza. Seven nurses from seven hospitals working in partnership with Haguruka were trained in:
– Psychosocial aspects of HIV/AIDS
– PTSD, grief and depression
– GBV (including types of GBV, psychological symptoms of GBV victims, psychological care for GBV victims)
– Relationship between GBV and HIV / AIDS and other STIs
– How to conduct clinical supervision
– Counseling and psychotherapies
Generally, Haguruka deals with legal and psychological issues and the hospitals offer medical treatment.